In today’s economy, companies with manufacturing facilities face many challenges due to tighter schedules: shorter time for testing, increased chance for errors, and shorter response time to evolving consumer tastes. They still must deal with maximizing efficiency and lowering production costs by reducing waste from excess, poor quality, and inefficiency. Aptean’s Manufacturing Execution System technology helps manage these issues by giving them real-time access to data so they can make decisions that will optimize operations.
In manufacturing, it’s a constant battle to find new ways to be efficient and profitable. As a manufacturer, you are always looking at how to better manage inventory, increase productivity, gain better control of material acquisition, reduce lead times, and of course, improve quality. It is critical to have measurement, analysis and simulation capabilities to better plan and react sooner and more effectively to changes in demand, competitive actions, and disruptions in your supply chain. In fact, being able to see issues as they arise and act upon them immediately is ideal.
Aptean offers Factory Manufacturing Execution System (MES), which transforms manufacturing performance on the factory floor by empowering you to make real-time, actionable decisions:
WHO IT'S FOR
For process and discrete manufacturers in the food & beverage, consumer packaged goods pharmaceutical, metals and industrial manufacturing industries with either single or multi-plant operations, Factory MES provides out of the box capabilities to: monitor shop floor data in real-time, allowing operators to act immediately to improve and become accountable for their individual and team performance; Paperless Quality and SPC to improve product quality and reduce waste/giveaway, and structured reviews to drive action and focus improvement efforts.
- Out of the box
- People/Process focused
- Performance and Paperless Quality
- Easy to use operator interface
- Minimal automation required
HOW IT'S DIFFERENT
Factory MES is a purpose-built packaged application, designed for specific industries, which requires no customization and is typically deployed in less than six weeks per factory. This ensures a higher probability of success, shorter time to benefits and the flexibility needed to support growth and change. Different to other MES systems our technology is combined with a proven change method that focuses on developing operator skills and a structure of daily performance reviews to drive a better performance every run, every shift, every day.
WHY YOU NEED IT
The shop floor is the heartbeat of any manufacturing organization. The ability to see data in real time and enable your operators to act upon it immediately is critical in today's competitive environment where every opportunity for improvement, no matter how big or small, counts. With Factory MES you can:
- Identify all manufacturing losses in real-time
- Measure metrics such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Identify potential capacity by highlighting constraints
- Eliminate arduous and time-consuming paper based systems
- Reduce downtime/changeover times
- Improve daily work control practices
- Formalize the continuous improvement initiatives already in place
- Improve workforce culture on the shop floor
- Use it as a strategic tool to make business decisions for the future
Factory MES can improve your manufacturing performance to lower your costs per unit within months, not years!
WHAT YOU GET
Factory MES provides your operations and management teams with in-depth data/reports on the performance of your shop floor, and provides your operators with the best practices and skills training to improve your factory's performance. Core features include:
- Real-time performance management
- Shop floor data capture
- Packaged metrics like Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Process constraints & throughput analysis
- Automated quality assurance process
- Continuous improvement campaign management
- Workplace engagement
- Compliance management
- Paperless quality management
- Statistical Process Control
Factory MES provides real-time manufacturing intelligence to deliver actionable intelligence, boost productivity and unlock the hidden potential of your entire workforce. Reduce cost per case, labor utilization and enhance your factory performance. Factory MES makes workplace action unavoidable; which translates into increased capacity, higher efficiency and better yields. With an integrated implementation, our solution delivers improvements at a dramatic pace – typically within 12 weeks or less.
FACTORY MES MODULES
- Performance – Real-time performance management.
- Improve – Continuous improvement campaign management.
- Analytics – Enterprise-wide factory intelligence.
- Quality – Quality assurance.